Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Common agent questions

Do you mail licenses?

The Division of Financial Regulation no longer mails or issues printed licenses. Print a copy of your license at Under State Services, choose Oregon. Click on Print Your License. SBS allows one free copy, so save a copy to your computer before you print. Allow processing time on renewals and applications.

Can I renew online?

Yes. To renew go to click on Renew. Then under ‘Know which application you need?’…choose resident/non-resident renewals. At the next page click on RENEW HERE, accept the use agreement and begin entering your information. Read carefully, it's not the most user friendly. Do not make any changes to your address etc.

When renewing an individual license, don't enter anythingon the business affiliations page, click next. It applies only to business entity – agency – licenses, not to individual licenses.

Individual licenses expire every other year, in the birth month. The first renewal may be longer to ‘get you to your birth month’. Business entities renew every other year in the month the license was issued.

Resident individuals are required to complete 24 hours of continuing education each renewal period. A maximum of 8 hours credit per day is allowed. CE providers have 15 days, by law, to upload your credits. After the credits are in your record, they must update at least overnight depending on weekends, holidays and computer issues. Do not wait until the last minute to start your CE. The Division strongly recommends you are CE compliant the month prior to your birth month.

Update an email address

Go to SBS to update your email address.

Update a physical address

Changing your address with NIPR will change it in every participating state where you hold a license.

Changing both an agency/individual address

  • Even if an agency owner submits a change of address for the agency, each producer must notify us of the address change within 30 days.
  • Agency owners who want to change both their individual and agency license addresses must clearly state that on the address change request.

​​Contact us

Phone: 503-947-7981
Fax: 503-378-4351​​​​​​


Agent compensation rules