Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Other license types

Third-party administrator

Businesses acting as third-party administrators must receive an Oregon license for activities such as soliciting life or health insurance coverage, underwriting, collecting premiums from policyholders, and adjusting claims.

Learn more

Life settlement broker

Allows a person to act as a broker for life or viatical settlement contracts. There is one license for an individual and one for a firm.

Learn more

Life settlement agent

Both the appointed or contracted agent and the life settlement provider need to be licensed.

Learn more


A license is required to charge a fee for providing insurance advice regarding life, health, or property and casualty insurance.

Learn more


Licensing and exam requirements apply to resident and nonresident adjusters. The business entity must also file an affiliation of adjuster form within 30 days.

Learn more

Self-service storage license

Businesses that rent or lease self-service storage must have a license to sell insurance coverage to customers.

Learn more

Portable electronics vendor

A limited license is required to sell insurance coverage for portable electronics.

Learn more