Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Life settlement broker and agent

About life settlement investment agents

A life settlement investment agent is an appointed or contracted agent of a licensed life settlement provider. The agent, acting on behalf of that provider, solicits or arranges the funding for the purchase of a life settlement by a life settlement purchaser.

To apply for a license

  1. Apply online at
  2. Provide fingerprints and authorize a criminal records check by either:
    1. Having your fingerprints digitally scanned at a PSI testing center located in Oregon. For information on locations and hours, please see . or
    2. Scheduling an appointment at using the code FPORDeptConsumerBusServDAS

Life settlement investment agent applicants must be registered with an Oregon securities dealer.

If you are the spouse of a member of the Armed Forces of the United States who is duty-stationed in Oregon and you hold a current life settlement investment agent license in another state, Oregon may issue you a temporary license for Oregon. Please contact the Division at (503) 378-4140 for more details.

If you do not have a social security number, you may use your Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) instead.

​​Contact us

Phone: 503-947-7981
Fax: 503-378-4351​​​​​​