Skip to main content


Wildfire season is here

Guard against losses

In 2018, approximately 1,880 fires burned 846,411 acres in Oregon. There are approximately 3.5 million acres of “wildland-urban interface” where homes are within reach of a wildfire. Guard against major losses with adequate insurance and take steps to reduce your home’s exposure to wildfires.

Build your home inventory

Follow these easy steps to get started:

  • Step 1: Take photos of each room in your home. Pay close attention to what's on walls, in closets, and don't forget storage spaces.
  • Step 2: Write a brief description of each item. Note the make, model, price, and other details that might help when filing a claim.

Tip: Try to group similar items together when taking pictures.

Learn more about creating a home inventory.

Download the home inventory checklist.

Save time with the
myHome app!

Mobile apps can make creating your home inventory easier. Download myHome to start building your personal property list.

Download myHome for iPhone Download myHome for Android

Download myHome for iPhone®
Download myHome for Android®

Review your coverage

  • Discuss your policies with your insurance company or agent.
  • Make sure you have the right coverage and know what to expect when you file a claim.

Not sure where to start?

Call our consumer advocates at 888-877-4894 (toll-free), or email

Share your story

Has building a home inventory saved you or someone you know during a disaster? Share your story with us on Twitter or Facebook.

Twitter Facebook

Questions or complaints?

File a complaint online or contact us:

888-877-4894 (toll-free)

Financial services
888-877-4894 (toll-free)

Check a license

Always verify that the company or individual you are working with has a license.

Check a license now.

Find licensed payday and title lenders.

Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how