Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Flood insurance


Most homeowners, renters and business policies do not cover flood damage. However, you can buy flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and some private insurers.

Buying flood insurance

Flood insurance can be purchased through an agent.

Check with your current agent. If they do not sell it, call the national flood insurance program at 877-336-2627 (toll-free) or visit to find an agent in your area.

Flood insurance resources

Additional resources


​​​​​​Questions or complaints?

File a complaint online or contact us:

Consumer Hotline
888-877-4894 (toll-free)


Financial services



​​​​Check a license

Always verify that the company or individual you are working with has a license.

Check a license now.

Find licensed payday and title lenders.