Quarterly filing detail
Every quarter, insurers authorized for health in Oregon, third-party administrators(TPAs)
licensed under ORS 744.702, and certain Oregon public entities must report Oregon
lives covered under specific types of insurance or self-insured medical plans.
Reporting is required regardless of where the policy was issued or the
premium written. Companies exempt from reporting must file an online exemption
once each calendar year.
Quarterly health enrollment data is available on the Division of Financial Regulation website.
Enrollment is submitted through iReg via pipe (|) delimited .dat files. There
are no forms to complete.
Companies and special districts must provide key contact information before
filing enrollment or exemptions.
The division requests comments when:
- Enrollment changes by a minimum of +/- 1,000 members and +/- 10 percent
from one quarter to another, and
- Exemptions are requested and "No lives to report" and "Other" are
- An insurer or TPA provides benefits or services to Oregon special districts,
such as cities, counties, or school districts.
- A TPA performs some, but not all, administrative functions on behalf of
self-insured medical plans.
- Oregon public entity lives are reported under categories 5.b and 6 shown
under the self-insured category and subcategories.
Provide brief explanations for the enrollment change, the request for exemption,
general administrative services provided when services are split - such as claims
payment only. Insurers provide the number of self-insured Oregon
public entity lives for which administrative services and stop loss insurance
Other comments may also be added. Comments must be added before uploading files
or saving exemptions and are not publicly available.
To submit a data file:
- Select the "Filings" tab, and then select the "Quarterly
- Select "Submit" from the Menu Items.
- Browse to the .dat file in your system that you wish to upload.
- Once selected, click the "Upload File" button.
- You will receive immediate confirmation when your upload is complete.
- Select data report to review and download your completed report. Review
for accuracy. Corrections may be made by uploading a complete, revised data
At times, your file may contain errors. iReg will identify those errors. Common
errors: "You are attempting to file multiple records or time periods."
This error indicates either duplicate ZIP code records within your file or
you are attempting to upload a file for a time period you have already reported.
If you need help with your data file, download the complete list of errors.
Exemptions are filed once per calendar year, and are due by May 1. New licensees
that are exempt from reporting must file by the due date for the quarter in
which your license becomes active.
To file an exemption:
- Select the Quarterly Enrollment tab under Filings.
- Select Request Exemption from the Menu Items on
the left of the screen.
- Add or update contact information.
- Select the year and check the reason for exemption.
If you check No lives to report or Other, add an
explanation for your company's exempt status. (e.g., reinsurance only,
Medicare Part D only, pharmacy benefit or behavioral health care management
only, private passenger auto only, etc.).
Note: No written premium and do not
write in Oregon are not valid exemptions. Oregon lives are reported regardless
of where the policy was issued or premium written.