Skip to main content


Making Home Affordable Program

A to-do list for permanent modification

Net present value calculation

Foreclosure counseling agencies

Dial 2-1-1

Foreclosure Hotline:

Department of Veterans Affairs foreclosure prevention
Information about the VA Making Home Affordable Program

Information and Assistance for Service Members
For Service Members whose loans are owned by Freddie Mac

Fannie Mae foreclosure prevention

Oregon foreclosure prevention counselors list

Foreclosure scams

Freddie Mac - Avoid Fraud: A video explaining how foreclosure scams work

To verify mortgage loan originators, mortgage loan companies and other financial services licensing

To verify a registered debt management service provider, including loan modification companies

File a complaint against a lender

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

Oregon licensed mortgage lenders and loan originators

Banks and credit unions

National banks

Mortgage companies

Mortgage payments rights information

Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
National Servicing Center

Federal Trade Commission
Mortgage servicing publication

Requesting your servicer correct errors template

Requesting information from your mortgage servicer template

Loan programs

Self-assessment tool Hope Loan Portal - See if you qualify

Tax information

Home Foreclosure and Debt Cancellation

Information for borrowers who obtained a home loan modification with a principal reduction

Tax Consequences of Participation in the Hardest Hit Fund and The Emergency Homeowners’ Loan Program

Understanding a Federal Tax Lien

Oregon Board of Tax Practitioners

For property tax information in Oregon counties

Real property foreclosure for unpaid property taxes

Property Tax Deferral Program – Oregon Department of Revenue

Construction or "mechanic's liens"

Construction Contractors Board

Reverse Mortgages

Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECM)

Credit scores

How short sales and foreclosure affects credit scores

Regulation B, Equal Credit Opportunity Act

Renter information

Through no fault of their own, renters can face eviction if the home they rent falls into foreclosure. State and federal laws passed provide renters with rights both before and after the foreclosure.

More information: Oregon State Bar-Tenants in Foreclosed Housing

Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how