Home insurance


Most homeowner/renter and business policies do not cover flooding. However, you can buy flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).

Tsunami losses are covered by flood insurance.

Buying flood insurance

  • You must buy through an agent.
  • Find an agent in your area or call for an agent referral: 888-379-9531 (toll-free)


► Your disaster preparedness checklist

► Esté preparado para enfrentar desastres naturales


Che​ck a license​

Whether you are considering an exciting new investment, getting ready to buy insurance, or applying for a payday or title loan, always be sure to check to make sure the individual or company you are working with is licensed.

Check a license now.​

Licensed payday and title lenders​

Complaint or questions? 


888-877-4894 (toll-free)
Email cp.ins@oregon.gov 

Financial services​

866-814-9710 (toll-free)
Email DCBS.DFCSMAIL@oregon.gov​

Key links


Oregon Risk MAP: Communicating Hazard Risks to Communities

Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2012​​​