Insurer financial regulation
Coverage and limits
|Life insurance death benefits
|Life insurance cash value
|Health insurance (other than major medical, hospital, and surgical)
|Major medical, hospital, and surgical
||$300,000 or $500,000 (major medical)|
- Most variable life and annuity policies or parts of policies with variable earnings potential. If part of a variable life or annuity policy is guaranteed by an insurance company, that part will be covered by the Oregon Life and Health Guaranty Association up to the association limits.
- Any annuity contract or group annuity certificate that is not issued to and owned by an individual. Some pension funds have such investments. A governmental entity's employee retirement plan is covered.
- Policies issued by health care service contractors (such as Kaiser Permanente or Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon) are not covered. However, a separate law protects these policyholders. Health care service contracts contain a "hold harmless" provision, which shields the policyholder from collection by health care providers and pharmacies in the event of an insolvency.
- Self-insured plans.
- Polices issued by fraternal benefit societies.
- Interest rates exceeding a certain standard are subject to adjustment.