Requirements for Oregon residents and nonresidents (individuals and businesses)
Consultants may be licensed for life, health, or general lines (property and casualty). Consultants may charge a fee for providing insurance advice.
- Apply online at NIPR.com.
- You must have a minimum of five years' current insurance experience.
- You must provide proof of errors-and-omission coverage of at least $500,000 per occurrence. The policy must have specific language stating consulting activities are covered.
- Non-residents must hold a substantially similar license in the home state.
- Within 30 days of licensure, you must be affiliated to a business entity, licensed in Oregon, for consulting (Form 2139).
- Assumed names must be registered with the Secretary of State Corporation Division.
Exams are waived for applicants who have an active Oregon resident license in the same lines for which they are applying.
If you do not have an active Oregon resident license, you must pass an exam, be fingerprinted, and have background check. PSI administers the exams. Exam fees are paid directly to PSI at the time of exam registration.