Oregon resident individual adjusters
All applicants for an Oregon resident adjuster license must take the Oregon adjuster exam. No prelicense training is required.
The business entity (agency) also must file an Affiliation of adjuster form within 30 days.
To apply as a resident adjuster
- Schedule and pass the required exams. PSI administers the exams.
- Have your fingerprints digitally scanned at the testing center.
- After you have passed examinations for all license classes of interest, apply online at NIPR.com.
- You must supply business and residence phone numbers on the application. If these are the same number, put that number in both fields to continue.
To apply as a nonresident adjuster
- Contact the Division of Financial Regulation to see if an examination is necessary.
- Submit the license application through NIPR.com.
- If no exam is necessary, submit an original letter of certification from the home state, dated within the past 90 days, unless the license information is available on the National Association of Insurance Commissioner's Producer Database.
Oregon resident business adjusters
To apply as a business resident adjuster
- Submit a Business Entity application through NIPR.com. Assumed business names must be registered with the Secretary of State Corporation Division.
To apply as a business nonresident adjuster
- Submit a Business Entity application through NIPR.com.
- Submit an original letter of certification, dated within the past 90 days, from the home state, unless the license information is available on the NAIC's Producer Database.