Master trustee registration
The division registers master trustees, entities selected by preneed certified providers to administer funds as part of a preneed or prearranged funeral contract. The master trustee must act independently from a certified provider and cannot be a certified provider.
How to apply
- Complete the master trustee registration application form in Word or PDF
- Provide proof of business registration with the Oregon Secretary of State
- Provide a list of financial institutions used for trust funds received under appointment from any certified provider
- Provide a five-year work history and complete and sign a Criminal Background and Credit Check Authorization Form in Word or PDF for each owner, partner, or manager of the business
- Submit a $390 fee
Annual reports, renewals, and fees
By April 1 of each year, you must submit an annual report in Word or PDF covering the previous calendar year, and a $390 renewal fee. The following no-fee reporting forms may be required depending on the master trustee’s business plans.
- Due July 1, Master trustee 2 percent per year reporting form in Word or PDF.
- Due Jan. 1, Master trustee election to pay administrative fees from trust fund deposits form in Word or PDF.